Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Quarry

 Today we went to dinosaur natn'l park near vernal.  They just reopened the quarry, which is a giant rock wall full of dinosaur bones that is surrounded by a building.  It's actually really amazing.  If you followed my link you may notice that you can only go to the quarry at certain times.  We were not aware and thus waited at the visitor's center for over an hour (as the website suggests you may).  Anna entertained herself pretty good by climbing on the exhibits.  It's amazing to me that these creatures once ruled the world.
 All this geology must have my grandpas brain hurt.  That or he was just being a grouch.  who knows?!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I just got caught up on your last couple of posts. Yay for an anniversary surprise! How fun! Vernal sounds a little like my home town - I only really like it because my family is there. And, I'll admit that I probably didn't know what lentils were until college. I doubt my Mom has ever used them. I hope you had a fabulous vacation and are adjusting to reality at home again. :)