Monday, March 2, 2009

NICOLES GUMS: under the knife



Well, its been done. I've got sutures in my mouth. Gum graft is completed. Hopefully our insurance reimburses us that 1180 buckaroos. I'm not supposed to pull my lip out to check it out (so i don't pull out the sutures), but I couldn't help it. I can't believe how small those sutures are!!!

Everyone has been telling me how painful this surgery is. It's really not so bad. I haven't cried once. As long as it doesn't get infected I should be fine.

Worst part of the whole thing is my diet this week: 100% carnation instant breakfast. Nothing crunchy. ): So sad no veggies. Since I have sutures on the roof of my mouth (where they took the graft from), its uncomfortable to even try pudding or anything remotely solid. Oh yeah, and NO PHYSICAL ACTIVITY for 72 hours. That's forever. I'm bored. Come visit me.

10 comments:

Isaac said...

Hey besides the pictures grossing me out I really liked your post. It made me laugh that you were sad about no veggies for a week. Also, I don't see how the no physical activity is going to happen, unless they tied you down or something...

Jessica said...

I'm glad it doesn't hurt as much as you thought. Bummer liquid diet. That will get old fast. Maybe you can get drink your veggies...make your own V8?

Joy said...

Can't you blend the veggies into a smoothie? Seriously, fresh spinach, blueberries and strawberries with orange juice is supposed to be pretty good. Or have Richie buy you some Ovaltine?

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Yikes! This is like torture for you! No good food OR exercise-what are you going to do? That doesn't look to fun! Not to make you jealous or anything, but I made oreo cookies on Sunday night using your recipe. They sure are delicious! I can't remember if you did this or not--but we really like ours refrigerated. I never did that before, but they're a lot better that way, and probably stay better longer too. Hope you have a quick recovery!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

good call on the blended veggies guys...im going to give that a go tomorrow - I'm supposed to stay away from things that can get caught in there though....so no fibrous things, no seeds, etc - which means im going to have to get pretty creative smoothie wise.....But I think spinach will blend up pretty nice sherpa and I dont know why i didn't think of V8!!! If I make my own it shouldn't be too salty on the wound!

mmmm oreo cookies.....I think I'll post that recipe for anyone looking to eat the best cookie in the universe.

Anonymous said...

Or --you could try reduced Na V8. I like it better than regular because it does not leave you thirsty due to the effect of the salt. MOM

Oblad girl said...

Yay! I'm glad it doesn't hurt. I think my friend's gums did get infected after her surgury, so that was why it was so bad for her. Those pictures are cool! See ya this weekend...

Nicole said...

oh man I hope is doesn't get infected PRAY FOR ME.

Nicole said...

mom - the low sodium V8 is the best thing ive eaten....I thought for sure anything salty would burn the roof of my mouth....but nope, it feels just fine (: