Thursday, December 18, 2008

Books I've read this year.

I thought I'de copy Joy's blog - Since for the first time in about 16 years - I actually read books that were not text books. And....I enjoyed it.

In defense of food - Micheal Pollan
The earth knows my name - Patricia Klindienst
This organic life: confessions of a suburban homesteader - Joan Dye Gussow
Into thin air -John Krakauer
The Climb - Anatoli Nikoliavich Boukreev
Over the Edge: A True Story of Kidnap and Escape in the Mountains of Central Asia - Greg Child
The cruelest miles - Gay and Laney Salisbury
a long way gone: memoirs of a boy soldier - Ishmael Beah
Gone with the wind - Margaret Mitchell
Collapse: How societies choose to succeed or fail - Jared Diamond
The Thornbirds - Colleen McCullough

oh man. my list sucks compared to joy's - but it's pretty good for a reading newbie (:

2 comments:

Joy said...

Your list doesn't suck at all. It's a Good list.

Nicole said...

thanks joy (: oh yeah, I forgot a big one......RIchards Thesis!!