Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The King





Long live the king. Last summer steve, Nicole and I went hiking in the sawtooths and steve was fly fishing red belly lake when he caught a king salmon and nicknamed himself the King. Then yesterday him and I went sturgeon fishing on the Columbia outside of Portland when we pulled in 3 that were 6,7,8 feet long and weighed about 200-300 lbs. By the end guide was saying steven was putting "the hurt to the fish." The king struck again. We couldn't keep any of them but it was fun and lots of work.


Steven is off to Korea for a year and we will miss him but I am ready to go fishing with the king as soon as he gets back.

2 comments:

cassy said...

Nicole! I never thought Iwould see you again! I'm so glad you found our blog! How are things going? Sounds like you are having so much fun! We miss ya. Stui is out of town but when he sees your blog he will be so excited. He thinks of you like a lil sister.

Joy said...

Long live the King!