Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Anna Today

Just some things about anna today.

I'm trying to get her to tinkle on the potty. It's early i know - but hey worth a shot. She peed on the floor 3 times today. Awesome. She'll start peeing while she's standing, so I put her on the pot and she holds it - stand her up and she pees - put her on and she holds it.......... golly gee.

She fell down the stairs today at the park. It was very traumatic for me. I was waiting for her on the slide. I have to remember that she's not as big as I think she is.

She is a signing maven. But none of her signs really make sense. She looks at me like I'm supposed to know what she means when she signs combobulated forms of more/help all day. Its really cute. She does know our made up sign for hot and knows when things are hot. I guess its good that she burned her hand on the griddle a week ago! Now she won't get near it!

She is a big helper with the laundry. She puts the clothes in the washer and pulls them out the dryer and shuts the door. She is a big helper in the car. I was wiping down the dash and stuff and she grabs and wipe and starts wiping everything down. I hope her helper attitude continues.

she is starting to go to toddler time instead of baby time. It's scary for her. She won't leave my lap. But she loves it at the same time.

She wanted corn today. She pointed it out in a book. So we went out the back yard and picked some. When I shucked it she got so excited she couldn't handle it - she grabbed that corn and gobbled it down. She was pretty mad at me when I took it away to cook it.

I taught her how to turn on and off the light switch yesterday. She can't get enough! As soon as we go in the bathroom she's got to turn the light on and off on and off (its a great distraction for her while i change her diaper)!

She knows the sound a lion makes. Whenever we see one in a book she growls. She also stops everything she is doing and looks out the window when she hears a dog barking. If only she wasn't so afraid of them when we get near!

I love this little pea. Its amazing all the new things she learns every day! I hope I'm teaching her to be a kind loving and responsible person.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I love reading your detailed posts about Anna! It reminds me to really cherish the little things that make our kiddos such neat, little people. It's so easy to get busy and brush past those things.

Nicole said...

thanks kristin - i learned to have that attitude partly from things you've said and posted about spencer (:

amylynn said...

So much fun. I hope she didn't fall because you were talking to me on the phone... nope, I don't remember you screaming so it must not have been. Give her a kissy for us.

Kaelie Nielsen said...

Oh, Anna! Haha, I love the corn story. She is so fun and smart.

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

She is just so cute! If you figure out potty training this early, then you definitely need to teach me!

I just want to let you know that I can officially successfully make cinnamon rolls! I no longer create cinnalogs! :)