but oh well. i want richard to write one, but i dont know if that is going to happen.
1. my favorite thing about the church is the whole idea of how light can enter our hearts and make us new creatures - creatures that are more christlike - which is the process by which we get to heaven to fulfill our divine potential (ie become gods ourselves). Everything else, all commandments, the priestood, baptism, sacrament, word of wisdom, EVERYTHING is just means by which we can get that light into our heart. Really love that concept and love the church.
2. I'm not that good of a cook, but I love to do it. And I wish I had my own little bakery.
3. working out has always been, and probably will always be a huge part of my life. When running ran down my joints, i took up biking, when it got to cold to bike, I got a gym pass. I don't like working unless i have good music though.
4. I eat my vegetables.
5. I brush and floss my teeth at work.
6. I believe there are multiple sides to every story.
7. I hate it how america worships their celebrities. Inside edition is NOT news.
8. i get addicted to TV shows and love it, but at the same time, I hate it becuase I find myself thinking of the characters as real people - like my friends.....I wonder if rory gillmore ever got married.....I wonder what liz lemon would do in this situation.....that's bad.
9. Richard and me are best buds. More than anything else, I hope that we are best buds even when we are old. I don't want to one of those old fart couples who never talk to eachother.
10. I am terrified to have kids. Absolutely terrified.
11. I did some stupid things in high school. Sneaking out, being a punk. Wouldn't give that up for the world though - learned alot from it.
12. my 2 favorite words lately are slime and creature. i love calling people slimes. I also love saying "have a nice life" to people instead of goodbye. Most people take that the wrong way.
13. Most progress just ends up making things more complicated and difficult.
14. I am a minimalist. I dont like having too many gadgets and gismos. I despise the PDA's we are supposed to use at work. I don't like having too many kitchen gadgets - you can do almost everything with a few pots and pans, a blender and a good knife. I wear the same pair of pants to work almost everyday. I have exactly 7 pairs of underwear. I don't want to buy a new car until mine doesn't work. I usually only have 3 pairs of shoes - one for church, one for workingout and one for work. Less is more.
15. I am not - even remotely - attached to my cell phone. I have never had text messaging.
16. I would rather email someone than call them on the phone. I think better while I am typing than while I am speaking.
17. i had a mullet throughout all of gradeschool and was often mistaken for a little boy. i suppose you could call me "mokey-looking" Because of this i would often get snowballs thrown at me while walking to and from school. One winter day i decided to defend myself. I beat up tony bergeson with my umbrella because he was making fun of me and throwing snowballs. I cried the rest of the afternoon. it was very traumatic.
18. I have never been toilet papering or toilet papered. I did, however, get my windshield bashed in the school parking lot once. Someone really musta hated me.
19. I don't like my profession most of the time. It's not a good fit for me. Wish I would have been an artist, landscape architect, horticulturist. I like to create things, not tell people what to do. I often feel like no one cares about nutrition, and if they do, they aren't willing to listen to what you have to say. They'd rather listen to commercials or things they hear on TV or read in magazines. I don't blame them - the messages we give are so confusing a elusive. I do like the science of nutrition and the cooking part and I like writing tube feeds- its just the people part that I am not so good at. Oh well, you gotta make money somehow right?
20. I get nervous and very shy in big groups. I'm not very shy one on one. I dont like parties.
21. I wash my feet before I put shoes. If I dont take a shower in the morning i still have to wash my feet. I just hate it when they feel slimy and clammy.
22. I pretty much only keep in contact with one friend from bountiful/high school days. Jen Neeley. We have been friends since 7th grade. that is a long time.
23. Make up / hair styling is a waste of time. Maybe I just get that from my hippie mom, who still wears tye-dye shirts, but it makes life a whole lot cheaper, which leads to 24.
24. I am a tight wad.
25. I'm really happy where I am right now. Actually i've never been happier before. I dont really like my job, we live in a tiny apartment that looks over a billboard for liposuction, i am far away from my family and friends, the recent forecast is for 3 months of straight rain- but you know what, none of that matters. I've got my smoopy poo richard and we are just starting out our lives and things couldn't be going any better.